MEMBER MATCH PROGRAM
About TiE NY Mentoring Program
Our mentoring program provides one-on-one guidance to budding entrepreneurs by assessing their needs and matching them with TiE Charter Members who are seasoned entrepreneurs, executives and functional experts across different industries. Whether you are looking to jump into entrepreneurship as a recent college graduate or a entry/mid-level corporate professional, or are in the middle of your startup journey and need help to take your startup to the next level, our highly committed Charter Members are available to provide you the necessary guidance. Mentees can benefit from “Flash Mentoring,” where they meet an assigned mentor for one-time advise needed in a particular area, or from “Ongoing Mentoring,” where mentees meet their assigned mentors on a regular basis to get guidance on a wide range of topics.
The Mentoring Program is free to all TiE NY Members.
How Does The TiE NY Mentoring Program Works?
Our Mentoring Program is driven by Mentees. They work with the TiE Mentoring Committee to explain their requirements, get matched with their Mentors, coordinate with their assigned Mentors to schedule their one-time or ongoing meetings, and keep the Mentoring Committee up-to-date on their evolving needs and any required changes they wish to make on their mentoring arrangement.
In order to get started, we suggest the following steps for new Mentees:
1) Attend our monthly mentoring event that is typically held every third Tuesday of the month.
2) Use the event to learn more about our Mentoring program and network/socialize with various TiE NY Charter & Board Members, other Mentees and the broader TiE NY community.
3) At the event, explain our Mentoring Committee members about your needs, and identify and meet, if possible, a potential Mentor available in attendance during the event.
3) If you did not meet any potential Mentor who is a fit for your needs during the event, our Mentoring Committee will identify someone from our broader Charter Member community and introduce you to that Mentor.
4) Coordinate directly with the Mentor to schedule your mentoring meetings.
5) Keep the Mentoring Committee updated about your ongoing mentoring with your assigned Mentor.
6) If and when you need to change your mentor for whatever reason, please inform the Mentoring Committee and you will be assigned a new Mentor.
7) Attend our monthly Mentoring events, which provide you valuable learning opportunities from expert speakers on various topics and other fellow entrepreneurs and mentees. Topics covered in past events include: How to Best Benefit from Mentoring, Finding the Product-Market Fit, Legal Issues Facing Entrepreneurs, Fund-raising for Early-Stage Startups, etc.
If you are interested in becoming a mentee or mentor please register to attend the next event so we can get to know you and fill out the appropriate mentor or mentee intake form for us here.
About our Mentors
Our mentors are committed volunteers whose primary goal is giving back to the community. They also realize that the mentoring process can help them maybe as much as it helps the mentees they are advising. These volunteers are seasoned entrepreneurs, executives and functional experts across different industries. They have agreed to volunteer up-to four hours per month of their time in order to help budding entrepreneurs within the TiE NY community.
A STARTUP'S JOURNEY WITH TiE NEW YORK
MENTOR SESSIONS IN ACTION
“My mentor, Chand, generously took the time to review our pitch and offer his feedback. We constantly work to hone our message around Geopipe’s innovations and value propositions, and his feedback was a constructive addition to this process.”
“I very much enjoyed the Pitch Competition and the preparations leading to it. We got great feedback from the audience and I think some traction will lead to a great investment opportunity for the investors.”