TiE New York Mentoring Program
Whether you are looking to jump into entrepreneurship as a recent college graduate or an entry/mid-level corporate professional, or are in the middle of your startup journey and need help to take your startup to the next level, TiE New York’s Mentoring Program is available to provide the necessary guidance to grow and scale your company.
The Program provides one-on-one guidance to budding entrepreneurs by assessing their needs and matching them with TiE Charter Members who are seasoned entrepreneurs, executives and functional experts across different industries.
Mentees can benefit from “Flash Mentoring,” where they meet an assigned mentor for one-time advice needed in a particular area; or through “Ongoing Mentoring,” mentees meet their assigned mentors on a regular basis to get guidance on a wide range of topics.
The Mentoring Program is free to all TiE NY Members.
How Does The TiE NY Mentoring Program Work?
Our Mentoring Program is driven by the Mentees. Collaborating with the TiE Mentoring Committee, participating mentees:
- Explain their requirements
- Get matched with subject-matter experts/mentors
- Coordinate with their assigned Mentors and schedule their one-time or ongoing meetings.
- Keep the Mentoring Committee up-to-date on their evolving needs and any required changes they wish to make on their mentoring arrangement.
Let’s get started:
- Attend our monthly mentoring event that is typically held every third Tuesday of the month.
- Use the event to learn more about TiE New York’s Mentoring Program and network with various TiE NY Charter & Board Members, other Mentees and the broader TiE NY community.
- Share with the Mentoring Committee about your needs, and identify and meet, if possible, a potential Mentor available in attendance during the event. Coordinate directly with the Mentor to schedule your mentoring meetings.
- Keep the Mentoring Committee updated about your ongoing mentoring with your assigned Mentor.
- If and when you need to change your mentor for whatever reason, please inform the Mentoring Committee and you will be assigned a new Mentor.
About TiE New York’s Mentors
Our mentors are committed volunteers whose primary goal is giving back to the community. They also realize that the mentoring process can help them maybe as much as it helps the mentees they are advising. These volunteers are seasoned entrepreneurs, executives and functional experts across different industries. They have agreed to volunteer up-to four hours per month of their time in order to help budding entrepreneurs within the TiE NY community.
Becoming a Mentee or Mentor
If you are interested in becoming a mentee or mentor, please email Craig Abbott at [email protected]
A STARTUP'S JOURNEY WITH TiE NEW YORK
MENTOR SESSIONS IN ACTION
Innovation and New Products
Culture, Building Global Teams
Finance, Sales & marketing
“My mentor, Chand, generously took the time to review our pitch and offer his feedback. We constantly work to hone our message around Geopipe’s innovations and value propositions, and his feedback was a constructive addition to this process.”
“I very much enjoyed the Pitch Competition and the preparations leading to it. We got great feedback from the audience and I think some traction will lead to a great investment opportunity for the investors.”