The TiE University Program
TiE University is a global program of TiE to support college startups and founders to grow their entrepreneurial ventures/ideas into viable and sustainable businesses.
TiE New York’s participation in TiE University supports its mission to invest in and provide access to today’s innovators who are tomorrow’s disruptors right here in New York. Along with TiE New York’s mentoring and funding opportunities, the local chapter’s participation in TiE University allows us to expand the network and opportunities globally for university entrepreneurs.
TiE New York will shortly start accepting applications to current university startup teams based in New York and the tri-state area to register and compete in the global competition for cash prizes towards their startup. The founders also receive premiere access to investors, venture capitalists, mentors, and a thriving network of like-minded entrepreneurs.
Who Can Apply
- Any startup less than 5 years old with at least one current university student entrepreneur/co-founder is eligible to apply.
- A university student entrepreneur/co-founder must be still in college or have graduated within the preceding two academic years.
- Startups from all industries are welcome to apply.
- January 3, 2022 – February 15, 2022
- Apply here: https://tieuniversity.org/pc/#TiE-U-P-C
- Directions to add TiE NY Chapter
- March 2022 – TiE University Global Qualifier – New York
- The event will include a panel discussion, keynote speaker, and a pitch competition of local TiE University teams for the global pitch competition.
- April 2022 – Workshops, Bootcamps, and Mock Pitch Competition (Global)
- May 2022 – TiE University Global Pitch Competition, Silicon Valley
- Meet and network with like-minded entrepreneurs, investors, venture capitalists and students from across the globe.
- Compete for over $100,000 in prize money towards your startup through the global competition. Additionally, through TiE New York Angels and TiE Global’s network, founders and entrepreneurs have access to some of the leading angel investors to expand their network and learn how to continue scaling their venture to become investor-ready.
Participate in workshops
- Curated workshops and bootcamps meet entrepreneurs where they are to teach and mentor them on the fundamentals of fundraising, scaling, and more.
- Meet entrepreneurs and investors who have been there and done that – and who are ready to give back to the next generation through TiE New York’s Mentoring Program, Open Mic Night, and more.