The TiE University Program
TiE University is a global program of TiE to support college startups and founders to grow their entrepreneurial ventures/ideas into viable and sustainable businesses.
TiE New York’s participation in TiE University supports its mission to invest in and provide access to today’s innovators who are tomorrow’s disruptors right here in New York. Along with TiE New York’s mentoring and funding opportunities, the local chapter’s participation in TiE University allows us to expand the network and opportunities globally for university entrepreneurs.
TiE New York will shortly start accepting applications to current university startup teams based in New York and the tri-state area to register and compete in the global competition for cash prizes towards their startup. The founders also receive premiere access to investors, venture capitalists, mentors, and a thriving network of like-minded entrepreneurs.
Who Can Apply
- Any startup less than 5 years old with at least one current university student entrepreneur/co-founder is eligible to apply.
- A university student entrepreneur/co-founder must be still in college or have graduated within the preceding two academic years.
- Startups from all industries are welcome to apply.
- Registrations open from January 2, 2023 – February 15, 2023
- Click here to apply
- Where required, add New York as your nearest TiE Chapter
- March 2023 – Workshops, Bootcamps, and Mock Pitch Competition for NY finalists
- Last week of March 2023 – TiE University – New York Finals
- April 2023 – Global Workshops and Bootcamps for New York winners
- May & June 2023 – TiE University Global Pitch Competition Finals, Silicon Valley
- Meet and network with like-minded entrepreneurs, investors, venture capitalists and students from across the globe.
- Compete for over $100,000 in prize money towards your startup through the global competition. Additionally, through TiE New York Angels and TiE Global’s network, founders and entrepreneurs have access to some of the leading angel investors to expand their network and learn how to continue scaling their venture to become investor-ready.
Participate in workshops
- Curated workshops and bootcamps meet entrepreneurs where they are to teach and mentor them on the fundamentals of fundraising, scaling, and more.
- Meet entrepreneurs and investors who have been there and done that – and who are ready to give back to the next generation through TiE New York’s Mentoring Program, Open Mic Night, and more.
You can learn more about the program by contacting our TiE University Chapter Champion Craig Abbott at [email protected]
Competition guides and requested mentors will be assigned to each registered entry to prepare for the first virtual pitches to be scheduled in March 2023.